We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer, a partner to join our team and engage with our mission to change the higher education landscape of the country. We want colleagues who can ideate, innovate, and create software to reach the product goals. There are no boundaries we are afraid to explore and no stones we won’t upturn to solve the current skill gap perpetuated by antiquated engineering curriculums.
- You will own major product pieces on the client-side and server-side.
- You will architect and extend projects, by building scalable and reusable components and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders with your ideas and suggest/drive changes towards the broader vision of the company.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across cloud computers and a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Skills & Requirements
You are an entrepreneurial and get-things-done type of an engineer, who can take charge, and build the application and experiences towards it. You have >6 years of experience in the industry as a software engineer.
- Experience in developing modern web applications using React.js/Vue.js for the frontend and JAVA/Ruby/Golang/Node.js/Python and frameworks like Springboot/Rails/Django/Express for the backend
- Good understanding of Database schema, design, optimization, scalability
- Good knowledge of MySQL or any other SQL databases
- Good knowledge of MongoDB or any other NoSQL Database
- Good knowledge of Redis, its data types, and its use cases
- Good knowledge of Unit Testing and available Test Frameworks
- Good knowledge of Containers, CI/CD pipeline, and automating deployments and testing.
- Good documentation experience on functional and/or technical aspects of the project
- Bonus if you have: Experience with AWS, Prior Open source contributions, Experience building responsive designs.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary, along with equity in an early stage high-growth startup.
- Challenging role designed to significantly enhance professional profile and skills. You will work closely with the founders and founding team who are serial entrepreneurs.
- Be part of an impactful movement to transform higher education for the better
- Five day work week and an awesome work culture that helps you thrive
- Flexible work modes with remote/hybrid options available
Kalvi is a disruptive edtech company, which is on a mission to transform the future of higher education in technology. Kalvi’s first-of-its-kind ‘work-integrated liberal engineering program’ in partnership with universities, focuses on nurturing big-picture thinking in students. This will not only make students strong technology professionals but will also give them the required grounding to evolve into future CTOs, CEOs, and tech entrepreneurs. The courses are selected carefully and approved by an academic council comprising of leading professors from various global institutions and whetted by an Industry Advisory Board consisting of experts from the technology industry.